As our Head of Bank Division at SurePay, you will be part of a fast growing SaaS company where you, as our leading sales professional will be responsible for successfully scaling our commercial organisation. Your specific focus is on our banking domain and customers both national and international. You will be our hands-on, go-to and responsible person for all things banking.
Together with an ambitious, cross-functional team, you’re aware of market developments and have the ability to effectively connect new banks to our platform while maintaining a high quality of service towards our existing customers. You will be working closely with your team of business developers, product managers and business operations to expand our products and services into new markets within Europe. You’ll have a very important role in scaling SurePay into the future and will be responsible for 5-10 times revenue growth in the coming years. You have the opportunity to make a real impact with your work and bring your vision of scaling a company internationally to life!
Your job as Head of Bank Division
SurePay is a pioneer in fraud prevention and detection within the payments space. We currently work with almost every bank in the Netherlands, have a good presence within the UK and have also recently connected to France. Our mission is to expand further into Europe (Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain and the Nordics) in the short to medium term and are looking for someone to lead our banking division who shares our passion!
As our Head of Bank Division, you are responsible for creating a highly effective commercial team as well as scaling our banking proposition in local and international markets. You’re a natural at detecting sales opportunities and will act as the linking pin between Sales, Product, IT and Innovations making sure that we utilise commercial opportunities. You also make sure our clients experience a smooth end-to-end implementation to our services.
The Head of Bank Division is a key role in generating new revenue, sales process design, and creation of efficient programs that allows us to scale quickly with success.
The ideal candidate is someone who has solid experience in guiding several self organised teams and is a strong people manager. You are a natural leader with the ability to inspire and motivate. You have a hands-on approach and a mentality of leading by example. You’re experienced working with products with complex implementation processes and have affinity with IT and API’s.
Being given the freedom to explore all potential opportunities you can have a significant impact on the future of SurePay.
- A minimum of 7-10(+) years of relevant experience
- A strong understanding of the payments landscape and schemes
- International banking experience and an international network
- Experienced in selling and/or implementing complex technical products to banks
- You ideally have experience also working within a bank, in payments
- Fluent level English, Dutch is a big plus
- Experienced in international people management and managing remote employees of different nationalities and cultures
- Scale-up experience is preferred
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Preferably, you are based in the Netherlands for this role
Your main tasks
- Taking ownership of SurePay’s entire banking proposition, from product development, the initial customer contact through to implementation and customer success management
- Driving performance and achieving our SLA’s, revenue and customer targets
- Acquiring a deep understanding of our markets and banking products
- Collaborating with IT and business operations to ensure smooth implementations
- Collaboration with Innovations to improve or expand our products and deliver more added value to our customers
- Managing, guiding and motivating the teams
- Managing our remote colleagues who are working on international markets
- Making your team successful and actively contributing to sales activities where necessary
- Supervising the end to end sales activities
- Shortening the sales cycle
- A good C-level salary
- Bonus + equity arrangement
- 8% vacation pay
- 8% personal benefit budget, with which you can decide to choose extra pay, appliances upgrades or extra holiday days
- NS Business Card + KM compensation in case you need to use your car for business travelling
- Standard 25 vacation days based upon a full time employment
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work environment
- A supportive and caring employer
- An ambitious, fast growing company with 30+ nationalities in the team
- The chance to make a positive impact on society in our joint mission to prevent fraud and misdirected payments
- A position where you have an active and important role in shaping our commercial success and company growth
- Founded in 2016
- ± 95 employees
- 30+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Meer informatie