At SurePay we have 5 development teams all focussed on different areas of our products and service. We work mainly with Java and Kotlin and our infrastructure is hosted on the cloud (AWS). Our development teams are set up as autonomous, self-propelled teams that work on different projects, all contributing to our platform aiming to reduce financial fraud. The teams develop and maintain different products and services, such as the core name-matching algorithm, the Bank and Corporate APIs, our customer portal, the UK Confirmation of Payee solution, and many more.
We work in an agile environment at SurePay and work in two week sprints. Our technical teams consist of Developers, DevOps Engineers and a Product Owner, so that our high quality in terms of algorithm, performance (4 billion checks with an average response time of 75ms) and availability (> 99.99%) is maintained.
As a developer at SurePay you will be working together with the best engineers in the domain and you will be working with modern technologies such as many AWS services, Java, Spring Boot, Kotlin, Apigee, Elastic, Github, Auth0, Reactive programming, Microservices, Serverless etc.
Your work is vital to our success and your code directly contributes to our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. So not only will you work on your coding skills and passion, but you’ll also have a positive impact on society. The importance of safety in the payments space is huge and you’ll contribute to saving people from fraudsters and avoidable mistakes. As a SurePay’er, there is real purpose in your work! We focus a lot on team fit, look for people who share our core values and of course have some of the skills that we’re looking for.
At the moment our teams have enough capacity, but we’ll be growing again in the near future. We invite you to leave your details if you’re interested in becoming a SurePay’er and then we can get in touch when there are new openings within the team.
To thrive in this role, you ideally have
- Bachelor or Master working level;
- 3+ years experience working with Java;
- Familiarity with the agile way of working;
- A team player mentality;
- Familiarity with API’s and various scripting languages;
- Good written and spoken communication in English;
- Experience with AWS is an advantage;
- T-shaped development skills, experience and interest is a plus.
Why work for SurePay?
- €3.100 – €6.500 monthly salary, depending on experience
- We have a flat organizational structure where everyone is accessible and approachable
- We are a diverse group of people from 20+ countries
- We live by these core values: We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible
- Our working hours are flexible and we have a hybrid work environment
- Our office is always stocked with fresh fruit and drinks in the fridge
- You receive a MacBook Pro, iPhone and the necessary accessories
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8% personal benefit budget which you can spend on extra holiday days (up to 20), take it as extra cash or use it for training
- NS business card for work related travel
- 25 holiday days annually
- Pension plan
- Positions with a lot of freedom, autonomy and responsibility
- We’ll help with your relocation if applicable
- Founded in 2016
- ± 75 employees
- 20+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Meer informatie
- [email protected]