ABN AMRO is one of the largest banks in the Netherlands. Its focus is on Northwest Europe. They provide banking services to private, retail and corporate clients. Worldwide, ABN AMRO employs more than 19,000 people. Their vision is to be a personal bank in the digital age, serving customers where they have scale in the Netherlands and Northwest Europe.

There are four business units: Through Retail Banking in the Netherlands, they offer personal finance – from current accounts to credit cards, investment services, mortgages and insurance. Five million people in the Netherlands have an account with ABN AMRO – more than a quarter of the Dutch population. Commercial Banking offers financing and advice, mainly to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). ABN AMRO is the primary bank for around a quarter of the Dutch SME sector, the backbone of the country’s economy. By the end of 2020, our business loans – to SMEs and non-SMEs alike – totalled just over EUR 40 billion. They also offer financial advice and asset management services through our Private Banking activities. ABN AMRO is active in four countries: The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany.

In total, Private Banking manages almost EUR 190 billion of clients’ assets. Corporate & Institutional Banking works with larger companies, mostly multinationals. They offer a range of financial products to over 2,000 clients worldwide, including structured finance, fixed income, debt capital and clearing. Corporate & Institutional Banking is currently winding down its activities outside Europe and clearing remains a global activity. In addition, ABN AMRO has Group Functions to support activities in areas such as Innovation & Technology, Finance, Risk Management, HR & Transformation, Group Audit, Strategy & Sustainability, Legal, Corporate Office and Brand, Marketing & Communications. Currently, just over 80% of ABN AMRO’s operating income is generated in the Netherlands; the remaining 20% comes from outside the home market, although this is likely to decline in the coming years as we refocus our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities.

The products of SurePay

We supply the IBAN-Name Check to banks and companies. With the IBAN-Name Check you check whether you are paying to the right person or company. By integrating our IBAN and name check into your systems, you make your processes more efficient, safer and reduce the risk of fraud and mistakes.

Call me back for more information

Leave your details and we will call you back as soon as possible.