Are you a HBO or WO student with an affinity for business, commerce and IT? If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain relevant work experience while you study then look no further! This is your chance to get acquainted with a SaaS organisation within the fintech space.
For the launch of a new online channel, SurePay is looking for a part-time working student available for at least 8+ hours a week that can support our Business Operations team with the launch. You will be working closely with Marketing and Product Management.
Are you looking for an internship instead and this assignment fits your requirements? You are also welcome to apply!
For this vacancy, both the Dutch and English language are required.
What will you be doing?
- Developing and standardising processes
- Answering questions from customers via phone, email and chat
- Improving communications on our website, FAQ and chat
- Creating accounts for new customers
- Adding users to our portal for new customers
- Customer invoicing
- Support analysis
- Overall, making our customers feel heard and supported.
Is this you?
- You are currently doing a relevant HBO / WO study (for example Commercial Economics or Business Administration) and looking for a student job or internship
- You have affinity with business, commerce and IT
- You are organised and have eye for detail
- You are customer focused and have good communication skills
- You’re not afraid to pick up the phone to answer questions
- Experience in a customer facing role (for example in your previous side jobs) is a big plus
- You have good command of both the Dutch and the English language, verbally and in writing
- You are available for at least 8+ hours during normal working hours (mo-fri, 08:30 – 17:00 hr).
What do we offer?
- Flexible min-max contract with a good gross hourly wage, or a monthly internship fee
- NS Business Card, in case you do not have a student OV to travel with
- Hybrid work environment, so you have the freedom to work from home
- SurePay appliances (Macbook and iPhone with business phone number)
- A young company with a flat structure
- A dedicated SurePay coach to whom you can turn to for support throughout your internship
- A job/internship where you have a lot of freedom in the way you do your work
- Founded in 2016
- ± 85 employees
- 30+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Meer informatie