HR Manager (part-time)
Are you an experienced HR Business Partner who’s ready for the next step? As HR Manager at SurePay you will make a significant impact on our company culture by shaping our growth and retention strategy. We’re in the process of professionalizing our People & Office department, which you’ll be responsible for on a team lead level, while also working hands on to execute your ideas. If you're looking for a dynamic and exciting role with lots of room for growth where you can really make an impact, then keep reading!
Why work at SurePay?
SurePay is a fast-growing fintech/regtech SaaS company with a mission to prevent fraud and misdirected payments. Our team of 65+ employees from 20+ nationalities work every day to make payments safer, more secure, and more personal. We're proud of our highly rated company culture and atmosphere, which we work hard to maintain.
As the HR Manager and People & Office Team Lead at SurePay, you have a broad range of responsibilities. You develop and professionalize our HR efforts, provide advice to our directors and team leads and execute initiatives with our HR & Office Employee. If you consider yourself a hands-on self-starter who thrives in an environment with limited management then this will be a really nice opportunity for you.
As our HR Manager, you'll focus on providing an exceptional employee experience that aligns with our core values and commitment to being a great place to work. You'll advise our directors and team leads on employee topics like performance management, leadership development, learning and development, culture, and ensuring a healthy and safe working environment.
You’re accountable for recruitment and office management and are part of the leadership team. Organizing off-sites and leadership training, as well as supporting employees with complex questions or cases, managing HR providers, keeping HR policies up-to-date, conducting employee satisfaction surveys, and leading team meetings all fall under your responsibility. Additionally, you are the backup for all daily operational HR and Office Management activities when needed.
You will be working hands-on to not only come up with ideas and solutions, but also to implement and execute them. As the Team Lead for this People & Office team, you'll coach, facilitate, and act as a sparring partner for your team while overseeing team meetings. You will also conduct quarterly evaluations and check-ins with your team members and will be the go-to person for your team as well as for our directors. You also like to keep up-to-date with market changes and changes in rules and regulations and make sure HR policies are up to date accordingly.
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking forward to helping build a company and make an impact on employees' daily working lives.
How you’ll succeed
- You’re available for 24 – 32 hours a week. When necessary for company events or PTO of one of your colleagues, you can be flexible.
- 3+ years of previous experience in a HR position and you’re looking to grow towards a more of a team responsible role
- Previous experience with/knowledge of recruitment processes
- You have worked with a HRIS system (we work with HiBob)
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures, as well as Dutch labor laws and regulations
- Excellent communication in English and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, prioritization, adaptability and problem solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Previous HR experience in a start-up/scale-up environment
- A relevant study or trainings related to HR and Recruitment
- Fluency in Dutch
And in return?
You can expect a fulfilling position where you’re given freedom, flexibility and autonomy on how you do your job. We have a flat structure where everyone is accessible and approachable. We work hybrid, asking our employees to come to our office in Utrecht at least once a week. There’s a good social atmosphere within SurePay, with regular Friday drinks, outings and a fun quarterly meeting. And last but not least, you’ll have an awesome team around you who are there to support you and collaborate.
Aside from this we also give:
- 25 holiday days annually (fulltime)
- 8% personal benefit budget
- NS business card
- Unlimited drinks and fresh fruit at the office
- A great company culture
- A pension plan to take care of you later
- And of course a competitive salary, 8% holiday allowance and Apple hardware needed for your job (Macbook Pro, iPhone etc).
- Founded in 2016
- ± 75 employees
- 20+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Utrecht (Hybrid)
- Meer informatie
- [email protected]